Submit Your Proposal
The finalists have been announced!
Winners will be announced on Monday, July 27, 2020.
- The grants challenge is all about making progress on our shared goals and metrics. Read about them here.
- We’re holding office hours via webinar on February 13, February 27, and March 12. Sign-up for a webinar here.
- Need inspiration? Browse proposals from past My LA2050 winners on the My LA2050 Ideas Archive.
- Want to prepare to submit? Check out the application, scorecard, and rules.
- Review the scorecard to see how your proposal will be evaluated.
Dates and Details
Apply between Monday, February 3, 2020 (9am Pacific Time) and Friday, April 3, 2020 (5pm Pacific Time) on this website.
Your application will go through a simple moderation process to ensure that it adheres to all challenge rules. Applications that make it through the initial vetting will be published on the My LA2050 Grants Challenge website on Monday, April 13, 2020 to allow the public to read about and engage with the proposals. Our external evaluation committee of community leaders, led by Social Venture Partners Los Angeles, will review and score applications to determine five finalists in each goal category (a total of 25 finalists).
From Monday, July 13, 2020 (9am Pacific Time) through Monday, July 20, 2020 (5pm Pacific Time) the 25 finalists will move on to the public voting phase. Public vote will determine the winners’ final award level. First place in each category will receive $100,000, second: $50,000, third: $25,000, fourth: $15,000, and fifth: $10,000. The winners will be announced via the LA2050 Newsletter on Monday, July 27, 2020.
View the full timeline.
- Submit proposal
- Moderation period
- Proposals on website
- Finalists announced
- Vote on finalists
- Winners announced
To apply, organizations will:
- Outline how their proposal will make progress on the LA2050 goals and metrics, including clearly defining a core issue, the desired solution to address the issue, and intended outcome for the proposed activities.
- Provide a plan that describes how the organization will advance the LA2050 goals and metrics.
- Clearly articulate the strategies and tools that will be employed to impact the target population.
- Identify collaboration partners and their respective roles. Collaboration is highly encouraged!
- Submit a detailed budget explaining how funds will be used across the one year grant period.
- Detail any additional desired, non-financial assistance needed from LA2050 to make the project a success.
What are the rules for submitting a proposal to the My LA2050 Grants Challenge?
- The My LA2050 Grants Challenge is open for submissions from Monday, February 3, 2020 (9am Pacific Time) through Friday, April 3, 2020 (5pm Pacific Time).
- In order to submit a proposal, log in and complete the application form..
- US-based non-profit, for-profit, social enterprises, and government agencies with projects serving Los Angeles County are eligible to apply.
- Winning projects must be completed, and the grant award must be expended, within 12 months of receipt of funds.
- New projects, as well as existing and ongoing projects are eligible for submission.
- Previous applicants and winners of LA2050 grant programs may reapply.
- All projects will be featured on this site by Monday, April 13, 2020, and public voting will be open from Monday, July 13, 2020 (9am Pacific Time) through Monday, July 20, 2020 (5pm Pacific Time).
- Evaluation: Evaluation will take place between Monday, April 13, 2020 and Monday, May 25, 2020. The 25 finalists (five in each goal category) will be announced before voting begins on Monday, July 13, 2020 (9am Pacific Time)
- Finalists will be selected using the following criteria: impact on chosen goals and metrics, feasibility of proposal, impact on people served, and overall application quality.
- Voting: Public voting will occur on this website between Monday, July 13, 2020 (9am Pacific Time) and Monday, July 20, 2020 (5pm Pacific Time). Voting will determine the grants awarded to the 25 finalists. First place in each goal category will receive $100,000, second: $50,000, third: $25,000, fourth: $15,000, and fifth: $10,000.
- Winners will represent a diversity of issues and activities.
- Winners of the My LA2050 Grants Challenge will be grantees of the Goldhirsh Foundation and will be required to check-in with LA2050 periodically throughout the grant period.
- Read all the rules
If you have any questions about the information on this page, please review our FAQs or send us an email at [email protected].