The winners have been announced!
Your votes determine our winners!
25 finalists will be selected by Social Venture Partners Los Angeles (our evaluation partner), and the final award levels will be determined through public vote.
All 25 finalists will be awarded a grant. Voting will determine the size of the grants finalists receive, with the top voted in each category winning the first place grant. In each goal category:
- First place winners will receive $100,000
- Second place winners will receive $50,000
- Third place winners will receive $25,000
- Fourth place winners will receive $15,000
- Fifth place winners will receive $10,000
All organizations that participate in the voting stage will receive a grant, with five grants distributed at each dollar amount (e.g., there will be five $100,000 winners, five $50,000 winners, and so on).
The winners will represent a diverse set of issues, strategies, and tactics. Winners will be selected using the following criteria:
- Impact on chosen LA2050 goals and metrics
- Feasibility of proposal
- Impact on people served
- Overall application quality
- Voting begins on Monday, July 13, 2020 (9am Pacific Time) and closes Monday, July 20, 2020 (5pm Pacific Time).
- Members of the public may vote once per goal category for a total of five votes.
- Voters must be at least 14 years old and a US resident.
- To participate in the My LA2050 Grants Challenge, voters must sign in with their mobile phone, email address, or Facebook account.
- Voters signing in by phone will receive an SMS text message with a confirmation code to enter.
- Voters signing in by email will be sent an email message with a confirmation link to press.
If you have any questions about the information on this page, please review our FAQs or send us an email at [email protected].